About the Role
The Support Analyst has the right balance of social, organizational and technical skills. A successful candidate will be prepared to wear multiple hats and enjoy solving problems. They will enjoy the mixture of working in the office as well as out at customer sites. They will have a keen interest in how technology is used to fuel the hospitality and retail industry.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Support Analyst will be responsible for the internal support and implementation of point of sale products and services in the hospitality and retail industry. Supplementary, assisting the Sales and Admin team in developing metrics, marketing campaigns and customer support. Travel to customer locations within HRM and across Atlantic Canada is required.
Responsibilities (“The Opportunities”):
- Provide client support and technical issue resolution via telephone and email
- Analyze problems, answer questions, and provide training to customers on various software products
- Provide regular updates to customers with open support issues
- Install Point of sale hardware and software solutions including routers, switches, wireless access points and desktop machines
- Monitor all client network systems to ensure availability and stability, using both automated tools and manual reviews according to performance
- Troubleshoot and diagnose network and workstation problems
- Learn new products and diagnostic tools through hardware and software certification programs
- Initiate market research studies and analyze findings to develop marketing and promotional strategies
- Liaise with Sales Team to assist and implement in marketing strategies, including preparing and developing marketing materials and ads
- Liaise with internal support team to identify opportunities
- Keep current about product offerings through research, webinars and training sessions
- Database management
- Other job related duties as assigned
Education / Experience (“The musts”):
- Must have valid Nova Scotia driver’s license
- Diploma or degree from a recognized educational institution
- Minimum 3 years computer knowledge and experience
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Enjoy solving problems and thinking “outside the box”
- High level of integrity, confidentiality and professional maturity
- Must be flexible to work on-call rotations, 365x7x24
- Good written and communication skills
- Experience in hardware installation and software configuration considered an asset
- Support desk experience in troubleshooting, analysis and / or resolution considered an asset
Preferences (“The nice-to-haves”):
- Experience in hospitality / retail industry or a related technology field considered an asset
- Website knowledge and experience
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Attention to detail, initiative, and dependability
- Marketing experience
- Proficiency in SQL Server / Database creation / querying
- Experience as a software developer with proficiency in Microsoft technologies.
- Knowledge of: computer hardware, peripheral equipment, Windows operating system environment, and routine commands.
- Ability to research problems with no known solutions.
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.